Case Study of Calle de los NinosThe Story:
Sellers needed to sell quickly, but also needed to net as much as possible. The home was funky cool, but very design specific and in need of attention. Most of the flooring was acid washed concrete, the colors were dark and many elements were in need of updating.
As we put together a very “light and bright” design plan we managed our licensed contractor and his transformation team to transform this home into a very neutral, but warm, current, and broadly appealing home. Here is our Smart Fix-Up™ Plan:
- Painted both interior and exterior
- New 4″ baseboards throughout
- Installed luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Replaced carpet in two bedrooms
- Added subway tile backsplash to kitchen
- Installed new cook top and cook top exhaust hood
- Installed LED recessed lights and replace other light fixtures
- Refreshed both bathrooms
- Clean, refreshed landscape
- Professionally clean, staged, and photographed
*No out of pocket to the seller until the close of escrow. No interest and no additional fees!
- Estimated Value before transformation: $650,000 ... based on similar condition recent comps
- Transformation timeframe and budget: 21 days / $22,000
- Sold Price after transformation: $777,000 / $17,000 above list price!
- Days on Market: 5
- Return on Investment: 491% gain ... almost $5.00 return for every $1.00 spent!
- Net Equity Gain: $105,500